Tuesday, October 13, 2009

All Part of the Plan?

The socks we were all given for soccer were so thick, Abby has not been able to wear them until this week. Her new soccer shoes finally arrived and I made sure to order them a little big for that very reason, so, this was the conversation while getting ready for the game:
Me: Abby, you get to wear your soccer socks now that you have proper shoes!
Abby: I HATE SOCKS! THEY FEEL WEIRD! THEY'RE WRINKLED!
Me: They feel weird at first, but then you'll get used to them.
Abby: I DON'T WANT TO WEAR THEM!
Me: Everyone else on your team is wearing them and you are too. It's part of your uniform.
Abby: I want to wear MY football socks!
Me: When you're on a team, you dress alike to show support for one another! You're going to wear them!
Abby: [frusterated but resigned] Oooooooooooh! I wish wearing socks wasn't part of Heavenly Father's Plan!

Also, she set up a "restaurant" one day while I was on the phone and this is what was on the menu:I thought it was rather modern and sophisticated for being Fruit Loops and Cheerios. Or maybe we watch too many cooking shows.

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

Oh my goodness- that is hilarious! I wish doing dishes wasn't part of His Plan either...