Friday, January 23, 2009

Watch Out, Paula Deen!

Abby loves to watch the Food Network and her favorite TV chef is Paula Deen. She about freaked out when her Auntie Carrie called her from Paula Deen's restaurant, "The Lady and Sons," in Savannah, Georgia. When Carrie said one of the sons was there, Abby asked, "Jaime or Bobby?" Yeah, she's pretty much a fan. So, Abby has been pretending to be a TV chef for a while now. It is really funny. I think she has potential. Here is a favourite family snack that is really easy... especially for kids.

Chocolate Pretzels with a Twist

Here's what you need:

Here's what you do:After you place the Rolos on top of the pretzels, put them in a warm 170 degree oven. Note: In place of the Rolos, you could substitute Hershey's Kisses or Hugs. Then...



After the 3 pieces are properly squished together. Place in the refrigerator to cool. You could wait for them to harden at room temperature... but who wants to wait that long?So, what do you think about Abby's future career as a TV chef?

7 comments:

Jenny said...

My kids think Abby is so talented. I thought she was hysterical. I love her big, loud tv voice.

The Ostheds said...

I think she would be a great TV chef! But in that last picture I noticed her Junior Trooper badge, so maybe she could do both! Can't wait to try making these yummy treats!

Chellers said...

Mmmmmmmmmm....making me hungry. I love her demonstration!! Maybe she'll cook for us when we come visit? :-)

Sara G said...

I love that she shows everyone how 'finger lickin good' they are. She is so adorable!

The Qian Family said...

Go Abby! And thanks for the idea. We'll be trying that out very soon :)

Cassidy said...

I would love to have Abby teach me how to cook! She is so stinkin' adorable! And now I'm off to the kitchen to make me some of those...mmmmmmm....

Olivia said...

Yummy, thanks for sharing. And pictures always help me, I'm a little slow.