Saturday, April 19, 2008

Little Wooden Dolls

Wednesday, Abby and I got together with her playgroup and a great artist friend and painted little wooden doll forms. It was a lot of fun but took more time than we thought. Today, Abby and I finished ours up (mostly... we still have to add some finishing touches and we do have some more dolls... but we're done for now).

I did our family but I had to do 2 boys and 2 girls because we don't know exactly what our family is going to look like yet.

Abby did a little snowman family. I think she did a GREAT job at the carrot noses and buttons. She took this painting thing seriously and really spent a lot of time on each one. I think it was the longest she's EVER been able to concentrate on a single task at a time. Good to know for future projects.

1 comment:

jeri said...

I wonder if Darcy would like to paint those dolls. Maybe it's a project I'll save for a rainy day. Then when mine turn out looking worse than hers, I can just claim that Parker painted them.