So, we still haven't nailed down a name for our baby girl so I thought maybe we could scrap the whole game plan and look to the one place we knew we could go for inspiration: TV and Movies. Here is what I came up with:
1. Michael and Lindsay Bluth. Okay, so it turns out that they're not actually twins at the end... but they thought they were throughout their entire lives so that's close enough for me. And who wouldn't want their son to be responsible in the face of absurdity and their daughter to be... well, I do see the flaws in this pairing... despite the fact that Arrested Development is one of the funniest comedies of ALL TIME.
2. Sami and Eric Brady (from Days of our Lives, of course). I remember when they were born and I remember when they were aged about 15 years in a day... Ahhhh, ye-ah. Who could forget Sami trying to steal her older sister's boyfriend by drugging him and getting herself knocked up... only it turns out that the father was someone else... and all before she was out of her teens. Hmmmm, on second thought...
3. Lou and Louise, The Safety Patrol on the Disney Channel. This was obviously an addition Abby wanted included. Let's see, they have an older sister, they are always tattling on their friends and family for being unsafe (could you imagine what they'd do to my Dad? He'd have a life sentence without the possibility of parole.) This is a big NO- you can't name your kids the same name... it's not good when you need to chew them out for starters... or maybe it would save time. And I do wonder what car they are in... I have never in my life seen a backseat that spacious. I need one!
4. Brandon and Brenda Walsh. Oh yes... the 90210 early days before Shannen Dougherty was sacked for being such a horrible person (you can read the abridged version in "Stori Telling" by Tori Spelling) not to mention her crooked facial features. Carrie and I couldn't watch a single episode without commenting on that. On second thought, no. Plus, I don't want to have a picture in my head of my son driving down the street in a yellow, 1965 Mustang convertible with increasingly ridiculous side burns. Yeah, definitely OUT.
5. Luke and Leia Skywalker. These are, by far, the best options. Best movies ever, best hair ever, tough princess warrior and a country boy who saves the universe... it could work (actually "Leia" was on my short list when we were naming Abigail but Paul shot it down... what was he thinking?) Yes, there is much to inspire here. Plus, the names are nice visually and are symmetrical enough to satisfy the OCD parts of my nature.
Any other ideas?