Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Back on Track

Last Thursday, we were surprised (but happy) to find out our car was done earlier than expected! Abigail was so excited to have Lightning McQueen back. Well, we walked the 2 1/2 miles to the shop to get him (the car) and as I was pushing Abby in the stroller, we hit a bump and over she went. She and I both got bruises and scrapes on our legs and she got an awesome bruise on her forehead. Yeah!

Also, Abby learned about "Stranger Danger" at preschool yesterday so when I went to pick her up, I quizzed her and her friend, James on what to do if a stranger offered them candy. They both yelled, "No, Thank You!!" It was so funny to hear them yell so politely. Funny kids.

I am about half-way through reading, "The Forsyte Saga" by Nobel Prize winner, John Galsworthy. I had no idea the volume I picked up actually consisted of 3 books and 2 short stories in 1. I just wanted to see the TV series and I like to read things before I see them. It is really good so far, and I finally found something I won't finish in a couple of days- plus there are some people named, "Baynes" in it. One commits suicide, but...

Paul has actually had time to keep up with his classes this semester and it has been great for the whole family. Abby has turned into such a Daddy's girl lately. She loves getting him to act silly with her. Fun, fun, fun!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

So precious! Stranger Danger. I'm glad the car is working again. We'll have to go do something one night and you can drive. : )

Jamie and Erin said...

Wow! Your picture had me fooled...your car does look like Lightening McQueen! I hope you recover from your fall. Ouch!