Monday, October 8, 2007

Mission Reunion

Friday, Paul and I went to our first Clegg Mission Reunion in Park City. My three-time companion Rachelle stayed with us for the weekend so we all went together… without kids. Since we were at the tail-end of the Clegg’s “reign”, it was nice to have a guarantee of knowing someone there. In total, there were about 6 of us from that time period and we had fun reminiscing, catching up on who we knew in common and bagging on whoever decided not to come. It was really nice and we stayed out much longer than anticipated but we got to have a fantastic conversation with President and Sister Clegg after most people had gone home so it was worth getting home at a quarter to three (our poor little babysitter). I think Rachelle and I didn’t get to sleep before 1:30 any night this weekend, but we needed a refresher on all the crazy things we did so we spent a lot of time remembering people and places, good times and bad, sister-haters, AP’s , skits, songs etc. I am so lucky to have had such a wonderful mission- to have friends for life (not to mention 1 awesome husband) and enough stories to last a lifetime of sacrament meeting talks and church lessons… then, at least, I’m guaranteed a “captive” (literally) audience. (insert evil laugh here)

Today we had preschool at my house and the theme was bees. It is so fun when all the kids get together. They are really learning good social skills and they love hanging out together. I think I might need to clean my house today. We’ll see how that goes.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

My kids love your house. Ethan has called Abby every day on the toy phone while she's been gone.

I was looking at the picture from your reunion and before I looked to at his face I was like, who the heck is putting his hand on my friend's shoulder at a mission reunion? SICK! And then I was like, oh, Paul. Whew.